Quiet hours restrict when marketing messages are sent to subscribers. By default, quiet are set for 8PM - 12PM (local time of the recipient).
That being said, certain messages, such as Legal and Welcome messages, will still be sent if subscribers sign up during quiet hours.
You should know
Quiet hours applies differently to different kinds of messages:
- Triggered messages (excluding legal and welcome messages, opt out confirmation, etc) like journeys, are not sent during quiet hours. Each triggered message that you do not send due to your quiet hours settings is queued and sent when quiet hours are over.
- Scheduled and send now messages, like campaigns, are sent during quiet hours. If you try to schedule or send a campaign during your set quiet hours, you’ll see a warning notifying you will be sending messages during quiet hours.
- Transactional messages follow standard quiet hours rules when quiet hours are toggled on.
- If a subscriber sends you a message during quiet hours, your autoresponse message will be sent to the subscriber regardless of how Smart Sending or Quiet hours are configured. However, you will only send one autoresponse message to the subscriber ever 24 hours.
Change quiet hours for your brand
- Go to Settings > Messages.
- Scroll to Quiet Hours, and use the menus to select a new start and end of quiet hours.
- When you’re done, click Save settings at the bottom of the screen.