You can use Wordpress to add the Attentive tag to your website without editing code. As a reminder, in order to collect behavioral events (such as product views, cart adds, and purchases), you must add the Attentive tag to your website.
Complete the following prerequisites before implementing the Attentive tag on your site using Wordpress:
- Contact our White Glove team (email@example.com) or your Client Strategy Manager at Attentive for your organization's unique Attentive tag.
- Install Wordpress on your computer.
- Install the Insert Headers and Footers plugin provided by Wordpress.
Add the Attentive tag using Wordpress
After you've completed the prerequisites, follow these steps to implement the Attentive tag:
- Log in to your Wordpress account.
- Click Settings > Insert Headers and Footers.
- Enter the unique Attentive tag (provided by your CSM or White Glove as described in the Prerequisites section) at the bottom of the Footers section.
- Click Save.
Note: The site may not update immediately due to caching. Additionally, WordPress sites can be unique depending on the theme you're using, so it may not work for all sites. Contact your dedicated Client Strategy Manager (CSM) or the White Glove team (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you're experiencing issues.
Verify implementation of the tag
- Visit the URL of the site where you’ve implemented the tag. If the tag is implemented correctly, you'll see several network requests including
- Navigate to your cart or checkout pages to make sure the behavior in the previous step appears on all pages of the customer journey.