Connect Attentive with Zendesk to enable your customer support team to directly answer customers' text message responses. With this integration, all messages received from a customer through SMS are forwarded to your customer support team queue in Zendesk.
Attentive clients who quickly reply to customer questions through Zendesk see success metrics such as:
- 31% more spend from customers who receive replies versus those who don't
- Fewer text message opt-outs from customers who receive replies versus those who don't
Ensure that you meet the following requirements in order to set up this integration:
- A Zendesk account with an Admin Zendesk user (see details below)
Now, complete the following procedures to set up the integration.
Step 1. Collect information for the integration
Before you begin the integration process in both Zendesk and Attentive, confirm and collect the following information:
- Verify that your organization is using a Professional or Enterprise Zendesk plan.
- Create a Zendesk account with administrator access specifically for authenticating the integration, rather than using an individual user’s account. This ensures that your organization always has access to manage the integration.
- Log in to Zendesk using the newly created Zendesk administrator account.
Step 2. Set up the integration in Attentive
Now, complete the following procedure to set up the integration in Attentive:
- Navigate to the integrations setup page and select Zendesk.
- Enter the Domain Name and click Connect:
Note: The Domain Name is the name of your Zendesk instance. For example, if your Zendesk URL is
https://attentivemobile.zendesk.com/, your domain name is
You're redirected to Zendesk, where you've already logged in (above).
- Click Allow.
You're redirected back to Attentive.
- (Optional) Edit the Support Confirmation setting. By default, this setting is enabled (on) and includes a default keyword and messages for the following fields:
- Support Confirmation Keyword
- Acknowledgment Message
- Resolution Message
- (Optional) Edit the Remove agent signature setting. By default, this setting is disabled (off).
Note: If the Remove agent signature setting is enabled (on), the Signature delimiter setting appears. This setting enables you to use different characters (such as -- or | ) to specify boundaries between a reply and the agent signature.
- Click Save and continue.
Your Zendesk account is now connected to Attentive.
Step 3. Test the integration
Wait about 10 minutes to allow for the settings in both systems to synchronize. Then, complete the following procedure to test the integration:
- Send a text message to your shortcode.
- Verify that you receive the auto response.
- If the Support Confirmation setting is enabled (see details in Step 2), reply to the text with the keyword (e.g., SUPPORT).
- Log in to Zendesk and confirm that a ticket was created.
- Reply to the ticket in Zendesk.
- Confirm that you receive the Zendesk response as a text message.
We’re here to help! Contact our White Glove team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to ask about the Attentive + Zendesk integration.