You can connect Attentive with Kustomer to enable your customer support team to directly answer customers’ text message responses. The Attentive and Kustomer integration requires setup steps in both platforms.
Ensure that you meet the following requirements in order to set up this integration:
- A Kustomer account
Now, complete the following procedures to set up the integration.
Step 1. Generate an API Token in Kustomer
Log in to your Kustomer account and complete the following steps:
- Click Settings in the side navigation.
- Click Security and then select API Keys.
- Click Add API Key.
- Enter a name. It is recommended to use a name to indicate that the key is used for the integration with Attentive. For example, Attentive API Key.
- Click the Roles drop-down list and select the following roles:
- Select No Expiration from the Expires drop-down list.
- Leave the CIDR IP Restriction field blank.
- Click Create.
A Token Created modal appears with your new Kustomer API Key.
- Click the copy icon (as shown in the following image) and save the token. This token will be used in Step 2.
Note: You must copy the API token while in this modal because you cannot access this value after you exit the modal.
You can view API Keys in the Kustomer Help Center if you need more information.
Step 2. Set up the integration in Attentive
Now, complete the following procedure to set up the integration in Attentive’s platform:
- Navigate to the integrations setup page and select Kustomer.
- Enter the following details that you collected in the previous steps:
- User Email—This is your Kustomer email address that you use to log in.
- API Token—This is the token that you generated in Kustomer in Step 1.
- (Optional) Edit the Support Confirmation setting. By default, this setting is enabled (on) and includes a default keyword and messages for the following fields:
- Click Set up integration.
Your Kustomer account is now connected to Attentive.
We’re here to help! Contact our White Glove team (email@example.com) to ask about the Attentive + Kustomer integration.