If you're on a dedicated phone number, you have the ability to create a virtual contact card for your company on the Company Settings page. This feature lets subscribers save your number as a contact in their phones with an associated image and other information.
Contact cards allow you to increase brand recognition and engagement by personalizing your text messages. With contact cards, you can:
- Enhance personalization and differentiate your brand by adding your brand name and logo to your messages
- Boost engagement, drive conversations, and lower opt-out rates when subscribers save you as a contact
- Improve the customer experience and create an emotional connection with your subscribers by sending them rich video content after they’ve added you as a contact
What information do I need to set up my contact card?
- Phone number
- Contact display name (required)
- Contact image (required)
- We recommend uploading a 240px x 240px PNG, JPG, or GIF image
- Subheader (optional)
- Company URL (optional)
- A link to your website from the contact profile
- Company email (optional)
- A company email your subscribers can access from the contact profile
How do I send my contact card to subscribers?
We recommend following methods to ensure that all subscribers, existing and new, receive your contact card:
- For new customers, add your contact card to your welcome series to ensure that subscribers get your contact card as soon as they sign up for your SMS program. To learn how, see Create a welcome journey and Add a virtual contact card to a message.
- For existing customers, send a campaign text message with Magic Composer and add a contact card. To learn how, see Design a campaign text message with Magic Composer or Send campaigns with Magic Composer.
What's a VCF file?
When you send your contact card to subscribers, they may see your contact card as a .VCF file, or Virtual Contact File. VCFs are small files that contain contact information about your brand. When tapped, VCF files open the contacts app on mobile devices with your contact information already filled out.
Depending on the device, subscribers may see your contact card as an icon with the .VCF filename, or they may just see your brand’s name instead without the .VCF filename.
Also, the filename of the .VCF file is determined by your Company display name in Company Settings.
If your Company display name is set to
Offers By Text, the VCF file sent to subscribers will be OffersByText.vcf.