The Bazaarvoice + Attentive integration lets you intelligently deliver personalized review requests directly to customers via SMS and email. Product reviews are critical for increasing customer trust and the likelihood that they’ll make a purchase. Our integration can help you generate more product feedback and user-generated content throughout the customer journey. Use it to target your most engaged clients, reward them when they complete a review, and encourage them to purchase similar products.
With this integration, you can:
- Request reviews in post-purchase and transactional shipping journeys
- Message customers who submit reviews to thank them and/or offer a discount
- Segment customers based on their review content, including number of stars, when they completed the review, or whether the review included an image or video
Ensure that you meet the following requirements to set up this integration:
- You have a Bazaarvoice account.
- You’re collecting or have email addresses for your subscribers.
- You’ve reached out to your Attentive CSM to enable the integration on your account.
Step 1. Collect Bazaarvoice information
Contact your Bazaarvoice account manager to request the following information, which you’ll need in Step 2:
- API key
- Email shared secret key
- Workbench name
- Shared encoding key
Note: In addition to the credentials and data above, you must also request from Bazaarvoice the ability to retrieve emails.
Step 2. Set up the integration in Attentive
Next, complete the following procedure to set up the integration in Attentive:
- Go to the integrations setup page and select Bazaarvoice.
- Click Install.
- Select the Environment you want to integrate with Attentive (staging or production environment).
Note: While you might select your staging environment initially (for testing purposes), you should select the production environment once you’re ready to go live.
- Enter the following details, which you obtained in Step 1:
- API Key
- Email Shared Secret Key
- Workbench Name
- Shared Encoding Key
- Click Save and continue.
Your Bazaarvoice account is now connected to Attentive.
Step 3. Request reviews via post-purchase or transactional shipping journey
After the integration is connected, you can create a journey in Attentive to send a message to customers post-purchase to request a product review. The review request link will take the subscriber to a Bazaarvoice-hosted page to complete the review. The review page will include either a single or multiple products, depending on what was included in the purchase. We recommend only sending this message to customers who are also marketing subscribers (and not transactional-only subscribers).
- Navigate to the Journeys tab.
- Create a new or edit an existing post-purchase or shipping journey.
Note: We recommend adding a wait step to account for shipping.
- Add a new message node, and include the Review Link in your message.
- (Optional) Add any other macros you might want, like the product name.
- Save the journey.
Step 4. Message customers who’ve completed a review
After you’ve requested and received product reviews, you can send a message to customers who’ve submitted reviews and offer them a discount or just reach out to thank them.
- Navigate to the Journeys tab.
- Click + Create journey.
- Click Start from scratch.
- Select the Bazaarvoice - Review Completed journey.
Step 5. Segment customers on review attributes
After you’ve requested and received product reviews, you can create new segments in Attentive or include review completed event characteristics in existing segments based on customer review attributes. The following attributes are available for segmentation:
- Review rating (i.e., 1-5 stars)
- Time the review was created (e.g., reviews completed in the last six months)
- Review was completed for a specific product or product category
- Whether the review included an image or video
- Create a dynamic segment based on a subscriber’s activity.
- In the Choose activity dropdown, scroll to find the BAZAARVOICE section and select:
- Completed review – to segment on time, product, and image/video
- Left a rating – to filter on star rating
We’re here to help! Contact our White Glove team (email@example.com) to ask about the Attentive + Bazaarvoice integration.