With the Attentive and ReCharge integration, Shopify clients using ReCharge can set up transactional journeys to send messages (such as subscription confirmed, upcoming charge, charge failed, and subscription skipped) to their subscribers. Additionally, you can install a transactional opt-in checkbox on your ReCharge checkout page, which can help grow your transactional subscriber list. For more information, see Set up transactional messages for ReCharge.
Ensure that you meet the following requirements in order to set up this integration:
- A Recharge account
- A Shopify account
- Contact your ReCharge account representative and ask them to enable access to generate an API token in your ReCharge account.
Now, complete the following procedures to set up the integration.
Step 1. Collect ReCharge information
Complete the following steps to collect information about your ReCharge account:
- Log in to your ReCharge account and from the dashboard, click Integrations.
- Click API tokens… as shown in the following image.
- Click Create an API Token to create a token specifically for Attentive.
- Enter Attentive in the Token Nickname field.
- Enter firstname.lastname@example.org in the Contact Email field.
- Set the following permissions for the following fields:
Permission Scope Orders Read and Write access Subscriptions Read and Write access Customers Read access Store Information Read access
Note: All other permission fields can be set to No access. The following image shows what your permissions should resemble:
- Click Save.
- Copy and save the API Key that was generated for Attentive.
After you collect the information for ReCharge, you can log in to Attentive to complete the integration.
Step 2. Set up the integration in Attentive
Now, complete the following procedure to set up the integration in Attentive:
- Navigate to the integrations setup page and select ReCharge.
- Enter the API Key that you previously collected in Step 1.
- Click Set up integration.
Your ReCharge account is now connected to Attentive.
If you see an error for your ReCharge journey, confirm that you used the correct API credentials. Otherwise, disconnect the integration completely, and then repeat the integration process.
We’re here to help! Contact our White Glove team (email@example.com) to ask about the Attentive + ReCharge integration.