The Magento/Adobe Commerce integration includes an Attentive tag for you to install on your eCommerce site, which allows Attentive to receive several important customer events, including product views, adds to cart, and purchases. This integration also syncs your product catalog to Attentive so that you can use your product data within journeys and to segment your audience.
With this integration, you can:
- Install the Attentive tag and track customer events (including product views, adds to cart, and purchases) and trigger browse abandonment, abandoned cart, and post-purchase messages.
- Sync your entire product catalog to Attentive so that you can send high-performing journeys such as back in stock, low inventory, and price drop.
- Segment your customers and branch journeys based on your customers’ purchasing and browsing activity.
Ensure that you meet the following requirements in order to set up this integration:
- A Magento/Adobe Commerce account
- Access to engineering resources to complete the installation
Now, complete the following steps to set up the integration for Magento/Adobe Commerce and Attentive.
Set up the integration
- Navigate to the integrations setup page and select Magento/Adobe Commerce.
- Click Install on the right side of the page.
- Click Connect.
You’re redirected to Magento.
- On the right side of the page, select your edition and store version.
Note: We only support Magento 2 editions, as Magento 1 has been deprecated by Adobe. We also only support the store version 2.4, not 2.3.
- Click Add to Cart.
- Click the cart icon at the top-right of the page; then click Proceed to Checkout.
- On the Checkout page, click Place Order.
The following confirmation appears.
- Click Install to see your order.
Your order information appears.
Important! At this stage, you need to involve an engineer to complete the rest of the installation. You need to be able to log in to your Magento environment via the command line and use Composer to install the Attentive Extension.
- Confirm that you're using Composer 2:
- Log in to your Magento instance via the command line.
- Run the command
composer –-versionfor Adobe Commerce Cloud users.
Note: If your Composer version is older than 2, use these instructions from Adobe to upgrade. If you’re a Magento Open Source or Commerce on Prem user, you can upgrade Composer using the command
composer self-update –-2.
- From the main Composer project directory, use Composer to install the extension by running the command
composer require attentivemobile/magento2.
- Enable the new module, using the command
bin/magento module:enable Attentive_Integration.
- Confirm the module is enabled correctly. The file app/etc/config.php should now list
Attentive_Integation => 1.
- Rebuild and redeploy your Magento store.
Important! The remaining steps take place in the Magento UI through your browser.
- Navigate to the integrations page of your Magento UI.
You should see Attentive Mobile listed as one of your integrations.
- Click Activate.
You’re taken to a list of resources that Attentive needs to access to provide all functionality.
- If you have more than one Attentive account, make sure you’re logged in to the correct account. (If not, you can reauthorize the app, which brings you through this process again.)
- When you’re logged in to the correct account, click Allow.
If you’re already logged in to Attentive, you’re redirected automatically. (If not, a new window opens, asking you to log in.)
You’re redirected back to your integrations page, where the Attentive Mobile integration has a status of Active.
- To confirm that this worked on the Attentive side, navigate back to your Magento/Adobe Commerce integration, and click the Settings tab.
The integration should be Installed, and the Sync Product Data toggle should be enabled.
Your Magento/Adobe Commerce account is now connected to Attentive.
We’re here to help! Contact email@example.com to ask about the Attentive + Magento/Adobe Commerce integration.