With the Attentive and Olo integration, you can trigger order status SMS messages as well as send more personalized and targeted messages to your customers.
- Add customers to Attentive automatically as SMS transactional subscribers when they place an order.
- Trigger order status SMS messages such as "Order confirmed," "Order out for delivery," and "Order delivered" using prebuilt journeys.
- Send highly-personalized messages to customer segments using past order data, item views, and cart abandonment events (including specific items, item category, or the value of the order).
- Customize your messaging by branching journeys based on customers’ previous purchasing and abandonment activity.
- Track revenue attribution from customers who click on SMS messages and place orders within the analytics Dashboard tab.
Step 1. Integrate the Attentive tag on the Olo ordering page
- Retrieve the Google Tag Manager (GTM) Container ID, which was set up when you auto-installed the Attentive tag via GTM. If you didn't initially install the Attentive tag via the GTM integration within Attentive, and instead installed directly on-site, you'll need to retrieve the GTM Container ID from your Tag Manager.
- Provide the GTM container ID to your Olo CSM to add to the back end. Note that setting up the GTM Container ID injects Olo data to that container.
Note: Neither you nor your Olo CSM is adding the tag to the Olo ordering site. Rather, Olo is granting the GTM container access to your ordering site.
Step 2. Retrieve the webhook URL in Attentive
Complete the following procedure to retrieve the webhook URL from Attentive in order to connect with Olo:
- Navigate to the integrations setup page and select Olo.
- If you’ve previously set up an Olo integration, go to the Settings tab. If not, click Install.
- Click Copy next to the Webhook Destination URL field.
Save the URL in a safe location.
You’ll use this URL when creating the webhook in the Olo platform, as described in the next procedure.
Step 3. Set up webhook in Olo
- Log in to your Olo account and create a webhook in the Olo platform for the Attentive connection.
The following webhook fields are required:
Webhook field in Olo Action to take Webhook Name Enter Attentive. Destination URL Add the Webhook Destination URL that you collected in Step 2. Developer Partner Enter Attentive. Event Type Enable all Order Events and all User Events.
Important! You can ignore the Enable OAuth section because that workflow isn't needed for this integration.
Note: If you created a webhook to get a notification but you want to add an additional webhook, you must delete or edit the existing webhook.
- After you configure the fields for your webhook, test the webhook.
The Shared Secret modal appears. This is the only point where you can retrieve the Shared Secret, which is 64 characters long.
- Copy and save the Shared Secret in a safe location.
Important! If you experience any issues while testing the webhook, see the Troubleshooting Guidelines in the Olo documentation.
- Publish your webhook.
Once these steps are complete, you can complete the integration setup in Attentive.
Step 4. Complete the integration setup in Attentive
Now, return to the Olo integration setup page in Attentive to finish setting up the integration.
- Enter the Shared Secret you collected in Step 3.
- Click Set up integration.
Your Olo account is now connected to Attentive.
Step 5. Contact Olo to finish setup
Complete the following steps:
- Request a new project by emailing your Olo CSM and Brand Contact with the following information:
- Partner name: Attentive
- Project owner email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Project owner phone number: (917) 727-9456
- Indicate that you need access to the Vendor Exports API with 86ing Access (so Attentive can access your menu for targeted marketing campaigns).
- Sign a Data Waiver to allow Attentive access to your data.
Note: Make sure to loop in anyone on your team who handles contracts.
- Once Olo confirms that the project has been created, connect with Attentive's White Glove team (email@example.com) to input the Client ID and Client Secret in the Olo integration within the Attentive UI.
Use your product data within Attentive
Once you’ve connected your Olo account to Attentive, you can use your product data within the segment builder. Create a segment using the condition: A subscriber’s activity. Select Made a purchase, Viewed a product or Added to cart. Then click the Filter button and select Product filter. Finally, select product data to segment on, such as Price or Collection.
Important! To segment on product name, use the Collection field, not the Product Name field. Collection groups all products of the same name across all stores, whereas Product Name pulls up one product per store that sells the product.
You can also take advantage of prebuilt transactional journeys specific to the Olo platform. Select the journey you want to enable, and customize it as needed.
We’re here to help! Contact our White Glove team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to ask about the Attentive + Olo integration.