With the Attentive and AfterShip integration, you can send delivery notifications to your customers through SMS. After customers opt in to receive these transactional messages, they can receive notifications when their information is received and when their package is in transit, out for delivery, and delivered.
Before setting up this integration, note the following:
- You can use any delivery system (e.g., Fedex, UPS).
- A phone number must be present in AfterShip to match in Attentive.
- These are transactional messages; therefore, subscribers only need to single opt in to receive these messages.
You can use the following shipment event triggers with the AfterShip Integration:
- Available for Pickup
- Delivery Attempt Failure
- In Transit
- Info Received
- Out for Delivery
Step 1. Copy Webhook Destination URL
In Attentive, find and copy the URL needed to capture your Webhook Secret from AfterShip.
- Navigate to the integrations setup page and select AfterShip.
- In the Webhook Destination URL field, click Copy to copy the URL that you’ll need in Step 2.
Step 2. Collect AfterShip information
Complete the following steps to collect information about your AfterShip account:
- Log in to your AfterShip account.
- Click Settings in the left-side menu.
- Click Notifications.
- Scroll to the Webhooks section and click Add webhook URL.
- On the Add webhook URL window, in the Webhook URL field, paste the Webhook Destination URL that you copied in Step 1.
- Click Save.
The webhook appears in your list of Webhook URLs.
- Copy and save your Webhook secret.
- Click Settings again in the left-side menu.
- Click API Keys and do one of the following:
- Copy the Default API Key.
- Click Generate API key to create a new key for this integration.
- Copy the Default API Key.
- Copy and save the API Key in a separate document.
- Click your account name in the top-right corner and select Organization settings.
- Copy and save the Tracking Page URL on the Brand Settings page, as shown in the following example.
Step 3. Set up the integration in Attentive
Now, return to Attentive to set up the integration.
- On the AfterShip integration setup page, enter the following details, which you collected in Step 2:
- API Key
- Tracking Page
- Webhook Secret
Your AfterShip account is now connected to Attentive.
Step 4. (Shopify only) Confirm transactional sign-up unit was created and activated
Step 5. Create and submit a transactional journey
If you choose to customize your transactional journey, you must submit it to our White Glove team for review. After the team reviews it, your AfterShip configuration is complete.
We’re here to help! Contact our White Glove team (email@example.com) to ask about the Attentive + AfterShip integration.