With this integration, you can pass email addresses collected through the Attentive sign-up unit to SendGrid.
Through this integration, Attentive shares the following data with SendGrid:
- list IDs
- custom fields
Step 1. Collect SendGrid information
Log in to your SendGrid account and create an API key (also known as an access token). Then find the relevant list IDs for which you want Attentive to add contacts. You'll need the API key and list IDs in Step 2.
Step 2. Set up the integration in Attentive
Now, complete the following procedure to set up the integration in Attentive:
- Navigate to the integrations setup page and select SendGrid.
Note: If the SendGrid tile isn't visible, contact our White Glove team (email@example.com) and provide them with the details in the next step.
- Enter the following details:
- Access Token—the API Key you generated in Step 1
- (Optional) List Ids—A comma separated list of the IDs for which you want Attentive to add contacts (collected in Step 1).
- (Optional) Creative Specific Lists—This refers to SendGrid's Custom Fields.
For example, if the custom field definition in SendGrid were the following:
You would enter the following in the Creative Specific Lists field:
- (Optional) Use Legacy Endpoint—By default, the value is
false. However, if you're using the SendGrid legacy APIs, enter
truefor this field.
- Click Set up integration.
Your SendGrid account is now connected to Attentive.
We’re here to help! Contact our White Glove team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to ask about the Attentive + SendGrid integration.