Grow your text marketing list and your email list at the same time using Attentive’s best-in-class sign-up forms. Customers can opt in to both email and text marketing in the same sign-up flow. Our integration ensures that emails automatically sync to Dotdigital and can trigger a welcome email to new email marketing subscribers. This integration also helps you keep your contact data and opt-in status up-to-date.
Through this integration, Attentive shares the following data with Dotdigital:
- opt-in type = Single
- email type = Html
- custom fields
- consent text
- address book ID
Ensure that you meet the following requirements in order to set up this integration:
- You must have a Dotdigital account
Now, complete the following procedures to set up the integration.
Step 1. Collect Dotdigital information
You must set up an API user in the Engagement Cloud for Dotdigital. After you set up the API user specifically for Attentive, save the username (email address) and password so that you can enter these details in Attentive.
Step 2. Set up the integration in Attentive
Now, complete the following procedure to set up the integration in Attentive:
- Navigate to the integrations setup page and select Dotdigital.
- Enter the following details:
- Username—This information was collected in Step 1.
- Password—This information was collected in Step 1.
- Region—Click the drop-down and select the region you’re currently in:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- (Optional) Address Book ID—The list of contacts for which you want subscribers added. See Collect the ID of an address book in Dotdigital for details.
- (Optional) Edit the Trigger email campaign send setting. By default, this setting is disabled. This setting can trigger an automated email after a user subscribes using their email address in the Attentive sign-up unit. If you enable this setting the following required field appears:
- Campaign ID—Enter the ID of the campaign email that you want triggered to send to the customer.
- (Optional) Edit the Forward phone number setting. By default, this setting is disabled. Enable the setting to receive phone numbers of subscribers in the Dotdigital platform.
Note: Email addresses captured through the Attentive sign-up unit are forwarded to your Dotdigital account by default. To disable this, contact our White Glove team (email@example.com).
- Click Set up integration.
Your Dotdigital account is now connected to Attentive.
(Optional) Collect the ID of an address book in Dotdigital
Log in to your Dotdigital account and complete the following steps:
- Click the Contacts drop-down and select My contacts.
The My contacts page appears.
- Click the Properties icon in the Properties column to view the list of contacts.
The Edit address book page appears.
- Copy and save the ID in the Edit address book page. For example, the following image shows the ID (5304090) of a selected contact list:
Note that you can also create an SMS address book in Dotdigital specifically for subscribers collected through the Attentive sign-up unit.
We’re here to help! Contact our White Glove team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to ask about the Attentive + Dotdigital integration.