Grow your text marketing list and your email list at the same time using Attentive’s best-in-class sign-up forms. Customers can opt in to both email and text marketing in the same sign-up flow. Our integration ensures that emails automatically sync to Cheetah Digital so that you can start sending marketing emails immediately. This integration also helps you keep your contact data and opt-in status up-to-date.
Through this integration, Attentive shares the following data with Cheetah Digital:
- opt-in status
- API post ID
Ensure that you meet the following requirements in order to set up this integration:
- You must have a Cheetah Digital account
- You must contact your Cheetah Digital account representative and ask them to help you set up a Data Map and API Post within your Messaging account.
- Data Map—The Data Map provides data handling instructions, such as where to store the inbound data contained within the API request message, whether this data should be used to update existing records and/or create new records, and any optional formatting or special processing to perform on the inbound data.
- API Post—The API Post defines all the expected fields in the request message.
Now, complete the following procedures to set up the integration.
Step 1. Collect Cheetah Digital information
Sign in to your Cheetah Digital account and locate the following information:
- API Post ID (also known as the Form ID)—Locate and save the unique Form ID of your API Post, as described in API Technical Guide: Standard Data Load (page 17).
- Consumer Key and Secret—Generate and save your Consumer Key and Secret as described in Cheetah Digital’s Messaging API How-to Guide (page 11).
Note: If you’re having trouble locating this information, we recommend that you contact your Cheetah Digital account representative for assistance.
Step 2. Set up the integration in Attentive
Now, complete the following procedure to set up the integration in Attentive’s platform:
- Navigate to the integrations setup page and select Cheetah Digital.
- Enter the following details:
- API Post Id—Enter the ID that was collected in Step 1.
- Client Key—Enter the consumer key that was collected in Step 1.
- Client Secret—Enter the consumer secret that was collected in Step 1.
- (Optional) Source Name—Enter the name of the source from which the contacts will come. For example, attentive_source.
- (Optional) Event Date Name—Enter the name of the date field to identify when the event was sent. Note that if this field isn’t configured, an event date isn’t sent. For example, signup_date.
- (Optional) Edit the Forward Opt-Outs setting. By default, this setting is disabled. Enable this setting if you configured your Data Map to receive opt-out fields from Attentive. When enabled, the following required fields must be configured:
- Subscription Opt Out Status Name—Enter the name of the opt-out event. By default, attentive_status appears as the defined name.
- Subscription Opt Out Status Value—Enter the value of the opt-out event. By default, unsubscribed appears as the defined value.
- (Optional) Edit the Forward phone setting. By default, this setting is disabled. Enable the setting to receive phone numbers of subscribers in the Cheetah Digital platform.
- (Optional) Edit the Forward emails setting. By default, this setting is enabled so that email addresses captured through the Attentive sign-up unit are forwarded to your Cheetah Digital account.
- Click Set up integration. Your Cheetah Digital account is now connected to Attentive.
We’re here to help! Contact our White Glove team (email@example.com) to ask about the Attentive + Cheetah Digital integration.