Grow your text marketing list and your email list at the same time using Attentive’s best-in-class sign-up forms. Customers can opt in to both email and text marketing in the same sign-up flow. Our integration ensures that emails automatically sync to ActiveCampaign so that you can start sending marketing emails immediately. This integration also helps you keep your contact data and opt-in status up-to-date.
Through this integration, Attentive shares the following data with ActiveCampaign:
- custom fields
Ensure that you meet the following requirements in order to set up this integration:
- You must have an ActiveCampaign account
Now, complete the following procedures to set up the integration.
Step 1. Collect ActiveCampaign information
Log in to your ActiveCampaign account and collect the following information:
- API Key—Complete the steps outlined in How to obtain your ActiveCampaign API URL and Key and save your unique API Key.
- Account Name—This is the company name you provided to ActiveCampaign as your account name. See What is my account name for details.
- List ID—Find the ID of the list for which you want Attentive to add contacts. To locate your list ID, click Lists in the left-side navigation menu. Then, click the list name. The URL bar displays your list ID, as shown in the following image.
- Tag ID—Tags allow you to identify automations and see where contacts are coming from. We recommend that you create an Attentive tag (see Managing Tags with the Tag Manager) so that you can see how many contacts were added through the Attentive sign-up unit. To find the tag ID, click the contacts icon and then Manage Tags. Find your Attentive tag, and click the hyperlink in the Contacts column.
The URL bar displays your tag ID, as shown in the following image.
Step 2. Set up the integration in Attentive
Now, complete the following procedure to set up the integration in Attentive’s platform:
- Navigate to the integrations setup page and select ActiveCampaign.
- Enter the following details that you collected in Step 1:
- API Key
- Account Name
- (Optional) List ID
- (Optional) Tag ID
- (Optional) Enter the Timestamp Key. This allows you to set up a numerical key so that Attentive can send the timestamp for when a user subscribes. This field maps to a custom contact field in ActiveCampaign.
- Edit the Forward Phone Number setting. By default, this setting is enabled so that you can receive phone numbers of subscribers in the ActiveCampaign platform.
- Click Set up integration.
Your ActiveCampaign account is now connected to Attentive.
We’re here to help! Contact our White Glove team (email@example.com) to ask about the Attentive + ActiveCampaign integration.