Grow your text marketing list and your email list at the same time using Attentive’s best-in-class sign-up forms. Customers can opt in to both email and text marketing in the same sign-up flow. Our integration ensures that emails automatically sync to Emarsys so that you can start sending marketing emails immediately. This integration also helps you keep your contact data and opt-in status up-to-date.
Attentive can also act as an SMS provider for Emarsys, allowing you to deliver triggered and campaign messages from within Emarsys.
Through this integration, Attentive shares the following data with Emarsys:
|Attentive Field||Emarsys Field|
|email opt-in status||Optin|
|sms opt-in status||
Note: This field is available if you have SMS enabled in your Emarsys account. If you don't see it, follow the steps here to enable it.
||You need to create the field in the Emarsys contact database and copy the field id into the Attentive integration configuration.|
Refer to the following Emarsys help documentation as needed:
- System fields that are out-of-the-box: https://help.emarsys.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004637665-Overview-The-Emarsys-system-fields
- SMS self-service setup: https://help.emarsys.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408838328337-Overview-Self-service-SMS-onboarding
Ensure that you meet the following requirements in order to set up this integration:
- You must have an Emarsys account
Now, complete the following procedures to set up the integration.
Step 1. Send Attentive data to Emarsys
- Log in to your Emarsys account and create a new API User.
- You must be an account owner/super admin in Emarsys to have access to the API creation menu.
- The API user you create in Emarsys takes about 3-5 mins to become live and may not be available instantly, but you can still use the credentials to set up the integration with Attentive.
Go to Management > Security Settings > API and edit your API user’s permissions to allow operations with contact data as shown below:
- (Optional) Use these instructions to create the following fields in Emarsys, which you can optionally enter in Attentive in Step 2:
Key Id – Certain fields in the Emarsys database can be used as unique keys for single operations. This allows contacts to be created or updated depending on whether there is a match for the field being used as key.
Note: The integration chooses between one of three possible keys when creating or updating a contact and attempts to find and use them in the following order.
- Creative Field Id – Each sign-up unit within Attentive has an ID that can be forwarded to Emarsys when the contact is created. This enables the Emarsys contact database to retain a record of how Attentive collected the subscriber.
- SMS Opt-in Id – When a subscriber opts out of SMS messaging, the integration can update a field in the Emarsys contact database to indicate the subscription status, with a Boolean value of either true or false. Set up this field the same as the email Opt-In field (id: 31), as a Single-Choice (special) field, with values of 1 (True), 2 (False), or Empty (NULL).
- Key Id – Certain fields in the Emarsys database can be used as unique keys for single operations. This allows contacts to be created or updated depending on whether there is a match for the field being used as key.
Step 2. Set up the integration in Attentive
Complete the following procedure to set up the integration in Attentive:
- Navigate to the integrations setup page and select Emarsys.
- Enter the details that you previously collected in Step 1:
- (Optional) Complete the following additional fields with the information you collected in Step 1:
- Key Id
- Creative Field Id
- SMS Opt-in Id
- Set the Forward emails toggle on or off based on whether you want Attentive to forward emails to Emarsys.
- Set the Forward phone toggle on or off based on whether you want Attentive to forward phone numbers to Emarsys.
Note: You must enable at least one of the forwarding fields (i.e., Forward email, Forward phone).
- Click Set up integration. Your Emarsys contact integration with Attentive is now complete.
Step 3. Set up messaging integration
Now, complete the following steps to create an app in Attentive’s App Marketplace and set up the messaging integration between Emarsys and Attentive. Before you begin this procedure, contact your account manager to enable access to the messaging integration.
- On the integrations setup page, click + Create app.
- Name the app something that will help you remember it’s being used in the Emarsys system (e.g., “Emarsys Messaging Integration”).
- Make sure the Messages permission is set to Write.
Note: If you don’t see this option, reach out to your account manager to have it enabled.
- Copy the API key and save it for use in Emarsys.
Note: If you later need to regenerate this token, you’ll also need to update it in Emarsys.
- Click Save.
Step 4. Test the messaging integration with Emarsys
Since Attentive can only send messages to subscribers who’ve opted in to SMS marketing messages, the test phone numbers from within Emarsys that you use to confirm connectivity must be existing Attentive subscribers.
We’re here to help! Contact our White Glove team (email@example.com) to ask about the Attentive + Emarsys integration.