With this integration, you can leverage data between Attentive and Segment. Receive data from Attentive (such as email addresses and phone numbers collected from a sign-up unit) in Segment to improve the view of the complete customer journey. Send Segment events and identity information to Attentive to trigger Attentive journeys and target customers using Segment data.
Through this integration, Attentive can receive the following events/attributes from Segment. You can use them as journey triggers and in the segment builder.
- Track events
- Attributes on Identify events
- Personas Custom Traits
- Attributes on Personas Audiences – The name of the attribute is the Audience name, and the attribute’s value is a boolean representing whether the user is in the Audience or not.
Through this integration, Attentive shares the following data with Segment:
- join source (creative sub type)
- subscriber tag (only for subscriber tag event)
Attentive sends the following Track events to Segment:
- Email Link Clicked
- Email Subscribed
- Email Unsubscribed
- SMS Delivered
- SMS Link Clicked
- SMS Subscribed
- SMS Unsubscribed
Attentive sends an Identify event to Segment when:
- A user subscribes with email
- A user subscribes with SMS
Ensure that you meet the following requirements in order to set up this integration:
- You must have a Segment account
Now, complete the following procedure to set up the integration.
Step 1. Set up the integration
- Navigate to the integrations setup page and select Segment.
- Click Install.
- Click Connect.
You’re redirected to the Segment website.
- Sign in to Segment if you’re not already signed in.
- Select your Workspace.
Note: You should select the Source that should send data to Attentive.
- Click Allow.
- Complete the following steps while still in Segment:
- Add a new HTTP API source. (For more information see this Segment help article.)
- Give your new source a name, and click Add source.
- Copy the source’s write key.
- Return to Attentive, and paste the write key in the Source Write Key field.
- Click Save and continue.
- Confirm the following:
- In Segment, a new Destination has been created.
- Attentive events are correctly flowing to the HTTP API source you set up in Segment.
(Optional) Step 2. Send data from more sources to Attentive
To send data to Attentive from additional sources, follow the instructions on the Segment website here, starting from Step 2.
We’re here to help! Contact our White Glove team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to ask about the Attentive + Segment integration.