Grow your text marketing list and your email list at the same time using Attentive’s best-in-class sign-up forms. Customers can opt in to both email and text marketing in the same sign-up flow. Our integration ensures that emails automatically sync to Omnisend and can trigger a welcome email to new email marketing subscribers. This integration also helps you keep your contact data and opt-in status up-to-date.
For more information, see Integration with Attentive for details.
Through this integration, Attentive shares the following data with Omnisend:
- source = attentive
- country name
- country code
- custom fields
Ensure that you meet the following requirements in order to set up this integration:
- You must have an Omnisend account
Now, complete the following procedures to set up the integration.
Step 1. Collect Omnisend information
Log in to your Omnisend account and generate an API key specifically for the Attentive connection.
Important! When you generate the API key, you must configure the key with custom permissions. On the Edit API Key page, select the following:
- I want to set up custom permissions for this API key
- Contacts in the Permissions section
Step 2. Set up the integration in Attentive
Now, complete the following procedure to set up the integration in Attentive’s platform:
- Navigate to the integrations setup page and select Omnisend.
- Enter the API Key that you generated in Step 1.
- (Optional) Edit the following settings (by default these are disabled):
- Forward opt-outs—Enable this setting to receive opt-out data (email and phone) about users to your Omnisend account.
- Trigger email send—Enable this setting to send an automated email (such as a Welcome Email) to subscribers when they opt-in to email. Note that the Welcome Email automation must be set up in your Omnisend account. See Integration with Attentive for details.
- Forward phones—Enable this setting to send a subscriber’s phone number to your Omnisend account.
- (Optional) Contact our White Glove team (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you’d like Forward emails to be disabled. By default, this setting is enabled so that email addresses captured through the Attentive sign-up unit are forwarded to your Omnisend account.
- Click Set up integration.
Your Omnisend account is now connected to Attentive.
We’re here to help! Contact our White Glove team (email@example.com) to ask about the Attentive + Omnisend integration.