Grow your text marketing list and your email list at the same time using Attentive’s best-in-class sign-up forms. Customers can opt in to both email and text marketing in the same sign-up flow. Our integration ensures that emails automatically sync to Eloqua and can trigger a welcome email to new email marketing subscribers. This integration also helps you keep your contact data and opt-in status up-to-date.
Note: If a subscriber exists in the Eloqua platform, Attentive updates the user’s profile with the new contact information. If a subscriber doesn’t exist in Eloqua, a new profile is created for the user with the contact information.
Through this integration, Attentive shares the following data with Eloqua:
- is subscribed = true
Ensure that you meet the following requirements in order to set up this integration:
- You must have an Eloqua account
Now, complete the following procedures to set up the integration.
Set up the integration in Attentive
Complete the following procedure to set up the integration in Attentive’s platform:
- Navigate to the integrations setup page and select Eloqua.
- Enter the following details:
- Username—This is the username used to log in to your Eloqua account.
- Password—This is the password used to log in to your Eloqua account.
- Eloqua Region—Eloqua supports multiple data centers, each with a unique domain name. Eloqua refers to these as pods and there are currently six in total. Select one of the following options:
- Eloqua Client Name—This is the Company Name used to log in to your Eloqua account.
- (Optional) Edit the Trigger email send setting. This setting can trigger an automated email after a user subscribes using their email address in the Attentive sign-up unit. By default, this setting is disabled. If you enable this setting the following field appears:
- Email ID—Enter the ID of the email that you want triggered to send to the customer. See the Retrieve Email ID for triggered emails section for details.
- Name—Enter the name of the email. By default, the name is Attentive.
- Click Set up integration.
Your Eloqua account is now connected to Attentive.
(Optional) Retrieve Email ID for triggered emails
If you would like to send an automated email after a user opts in to receive SMS campaigns, complete the following steps to retrieve the Email ID that is needed to set up the integration:
- Log in to your Eloqua account.
- Hover over the Email icon and select Emails.
The Emails page appears.
- Locate the email you want triggered to send to customers after they subscribe.
- Click the email name. The ID appears in the URL. For example, the following image shows an opened email and the ID is 615:
We’re here to help! Contact our White Glove team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to ask about the Attentive + Eloqua integration.