Peel is an automated analysis platform that helps your ecommerce brand see what’s happening and why. Peel’s out-of-the-box solution offers advanced customer analysis that lets you dig deep into your customers’ purchasing patterns and behaviors. Peel’s Audience product allows you to take action on the analysis. With the Peel + Attentive integration, you can create hyper-targeted audiences based on your most important business metrics and send those audiences over to Attentive to use for your campaigns and journeys. Segment your customers using data from multiple filters in Peel to create a customer list that will drive more revenue through Attentive.
Ensure that you meet the following requirements in order to set up this integration:
- A Shopify store with orders
- An active account with Peel that includes Audiences
Now, complete the following steps to set up the integration for Peel and Attentive.
Set up the integration
- Buy Peel on the Shopify App Store.
- Choose a subscription plan with Audiences.
- In Peel, go to the Data > Connections & Datasets section of the page and connect your Attentive account to Peel.
- Wait and come back in a few days.
Your data needs to download and be processed into the analysis. Peel downloads all historical data from all the connections to build into analysis reports. This can take from one day to a few weeks, depending on how many historical orders your brand has. We’ll keep you posted on the process and send you a note when your analysis is ready! Then once the analysis is ready, you can start analyzing and creating Audiences to sync over to Attentive!
Use the Added to Audience custom event to trigger a journey
When using Peel’s Audience feature, you can create hyper-targeted Audiences based on your most important business metrics and filters. Then you can sync the customers of the Audience (who have phone numbers) over to Attentive to take action on them and message them. All customers in the Audience include the custom event Added to Audience.
Here’s an example of how you can use the custom event to trigger a journey in Attentive. Let’s say you want to target customers whose repurchase rate drops off after three months. You see the change in behavior in the analysis, so you include customers in that SMS campaign in Attentive to tempt them to come back.
- Create a custom journey in Attentive using the following custom event from Peel:
Added to Audience
Phone Number, Email
- Create an Audience in Peel using filters to get an Audience of all customers who were acquired three months ago and only have an order amount between 0 and 1 (which means they haven’t repurchased).
Peel automatically creates an Audience who meets these parameters. You can review all the extra analysis around these customers – and see who they are – to get ideas for campaign content.
- Send this Audience to Attentive with an Added to Audience custom event.
- Use this event to trigger a journey in Attentive to send them a text message encouraging them to come back and buy again.
More Peel Audience scenarios
Let’s say you’ve been gifting samples with every full price purchase and you want to know which customers received those and then came back and made a purchase of the full size product. You also want to know details about this group, such as:
- What is their average lifetime value?
- What is their time between purchases?
- What channels did they come from?
- Who are they?
By knowing these details, you can push this Audience to Attentive and send them a campaign to interview them for customer research, invite them to a loyalty program, remind them to buy again at their correct time interval (depending on the days between purchase analysis), and so much more.
You can apply any filter combination of attributes in Peel to create an Audience, see who is in that Audience, and push them to Attentive to optimize their experience with your brand and drive growth. Here are some additional combinations:
- Customers who subscribe to a specific product
- Subscribers acquired from a specific channel
- Customers who’ve bought three or more of a product
- Customers at risk of churning
- Customers with a high LTV
Use custom attributes to create segments for targeted messaging
When you create an Audience in Peel, you can tag it with any custom attribute that you want. Peel sends it to Attentive linked to all the customers in that Audience. You can customize the name of the custom attribute. The following are some use cases showing how you can create hyper-personalized marketing campaigns to keep customers coming back.
Use case 1: Customers who’ve had 3+ subscription orders but haven’t left a review on your site
These are the customers you may want to reach out to and ask for social proof/reviews on your site to get others excited about using your product. Set up a journey for your customers based on a custom event and automatically reach out to them.
- Create an Audience in Peel using filters to segment all customers who’ve had 3+ subscription orders but haven’t left a review on your site.
Peel automatically creates an Audience who meets these parameters and updates this Audience on a daily basis.
- Schedule sending this Audience to Attentive every day, and add your own custom attribute to it.
The Audience appears in Attentive, is updated daily, and includes your custom attribute.
- Create a dynamic segment in Attentive to send a text message to all customers in the Audience, asking them to leave a review for you.
Use case 2: Customers who used a discount code for Black Friday
These are customers you may want to entice to repurchase again using another code.
- Create an Audience in Peel using filters to segment all customers who used a discount code during your Black Friday sales.
Note: You can also create an Audience to segment just one or two specific discount codes.
Peel automatically creates an Audience who meets these parameters.
- Send this Audience to Attentive with a Discounts on Black Friday custom attribute.
The Audience appears in Attentive and includes your custom attribute.
- Create a dynamic segment in Attentive using the custom attributes from Peel to send a text message to all customers in the Audience with a new discount code to entice them to repurchase using the new code.
Note: The following custom attributes are available for segmentation:
- 3+ orders
- No reviews
- Discounts on Black Friday
The Audience now appears in Peel and is available as a segment across all of Peel’s analysis.
We’re here to help! Contact email@example.com to ask about the Attentive + Peel integration.