Ideas and opportunities to help drive more revenue for your business any time of the year.
Bookend sales strategy
- Send an “early access message” to VIP customers or active subscribers. Kick off your sale with a full-list send to maximize revenue.
- Retarget engaged shoppers and non-purchasers with an end-of-sale message.
- Use strong CTA copy, such as “last chance,” “limited time only,” or “don’t miss out.”
VIP happy hour flash sales
- Drive revenue and engagement with your SMS VIPs by promoting “happy hour” flash sales throughout the month.
- Set the sale to one day only or shorten the promotion windows (e.g., from 5-7pm only) to incentivize action during a slow time of year.
Test, test, test
- Experiment with new content types (promotional vs. non-promotional), media types (SMS vs. MMS vs. video vs. audio) or tones of voice (salesy vs. friendly)
- Adopt new journey or sign-up unit methods into your SMS strategy.
- Tap into the A/B testing tool suite to optimize program performance.
- Pro Tip! Test multiple times or for a minimum of one week to ensure statistical significance.
Rewards & referral programs
- Build higher customer/subscriber lifetime value by cross-promoting your rewards or referral programs in campaigns or journey messages.
- Use different copy or tones of voice when messaging loyalty members vs. loyalty prospects.
- Use App Marketplace integrations to sync data from your tech stack to create targeted audiences.
- Create engaging experiences through SMS by asking customers to text back their predictions and reward them with a prize or discount for their guess.
- Use language like “who/what are you rooting for?” or “reply with your best guess.”
Gift guide promotions
- Introduce a gift guide to all subscribers as first touchpoint messages.
- Tap into keywords to personalize recommendations.
Gift cards & instant delivery
- Educate subscribers about gift card offerings ahead of key gift-giving holidays.
- If using an instant delivery gift service, send your campaign the day before a major gifting holiday.
- Consider including a texted-a-keyword journey for personalized gifting recommendations.
Buy online, pick up in store
- Encourage customers to place orders for pickup at nearby retail locations to avoid shipping fees.
- Consider geo-location targeting to message customers in X radius of store locations.
- Texts We Love
- 2023 Text Messaging Calendar
- Attentive Marketing Blog
- Blog: Conversational Strategies to Add to Your SMS Marketing
- Guide to Attentive’s Magic Campaign Composer
- Guide to Journeys
- Guide to Two-Way Journeys™
- Guide to Campaign Message Sending
- Guide to Campaign Copywriting Best Practices
- Best Practice Guide for High ROI Segments