With this integration, you can pass email addresses collected through the Attentive sign-up unit to Klaviyo.
Ensure that you meet the following requirements in order to set up this integration:
- You must have a Klaviyo account
Now, complete the following procedures to set up the integration.
Step 1. Collect Klaviyo information
Log in to your Klaviyo account and collect generate a new private API key.
Note: When choosing the scope that you want to give the API key, be sure to select Full Access Key. See this article for more information.
After collecting the relevant Klaviyo information, follow the next procedure to complete the integration.
Step 2. Set up the integration in Attentive
Now, complete the following procedure to set up the integration in Attentive:
- Navigate to the integrations setup page and select Klaviyo.
- Click Install.
- Enter the private API Key that you generated in Step 1.
- Click Save and continue.
- In the drop-down, select the list of your Klaviyo contacts that you want to connect with.
- Click Save and continue.
- (Optional) If you want to pass additional attributes to Klaviyo beyond the default attributes (shown below in Default custom profile properties):
- Check the Pass additional attributes to Klaviyo box.
- Select the additional attribute(s).
- Click Save changes.
Your Klaviyo account is now connected to Attentive.
To use Klaviyo segments in Attentive, view Manage Klaviyo segments for details.
Step 3. Add a UTM parameter to Klaviyo links
Finally, add klaviyo_id as a UTM to the links in your Klaviyo emails. This is so we can better identify your email subscribers when they browse your site, which increases the volume of messages you can send.
Default custom profile properties
Now, when contacts are added to Klaviyo from Attentive, they include default custom profile properties (as described in the table below). If you checked the Pass additional attributes to Klaviyo box in Step 2, the attributes that you are collecting through your onsite sign-up unit are also sent back to your Klaviyo account.
||This property indicates the contact signed up using a coupon.|
||This property indicates the numeric value of the Attentive sign-up source where email/phone is captured.|
||This property indicates the time the contact signed up for SMS (sent in UTC format).|
||This property indicates that the contact signed up for Attentive’s SMS program.|
||This property indicates the time the contact signed up for emails (sent in UTC format).|
||This contains the referring URL where the user consented to marketing services.|
This property indicates a customer provided value (example:
Sync email lists from Klaviyo
Attentive supports the ability to automatically sync opt-ins and opt-outs between your Attentive and Klaviyo email lists.
- If you send email from both Attentive and Klaviyo, we recommend enabling this functionality. Contact your Attentive CSM and Product Specialist to enable it.
- List-specific opt-in syncing from Klaviyo to Attentive is only available to brands who use Attentive in the US and don’t plan to launch Attentive in other countries.
Notes on syncing Attentive and Klaviyo email lists
If syncing is enabled between Attentive and Klaviyo, keep in mind that Attentive and Klaviyo manage email subscription statuses differently:
- In Attentive, subscribers are added to a global email subscription list. They’re either subscribed to all marketing emails or none at all.
- In Klaviyo, subscribers are added to individual lists and to a global email subscription list.
Because Attentive and Klaviyo manage subscriptions differently, the integration handles syncing between the two differently:
- If someone opts out of a Klaviyo email list selected in Attentive, the integration opts them out of Attentive marketing emails.
- If someone opts out of the global Klaviyo email marketing list, the integration opts them out of Attentive marketing emails.
- If someone opts out of Attentive marketing emails, the integration opts them out of all Klaviyo email marketing lists.
- If someone opts in to a Klaviyo email list selected in Attentive, the integration opts them into Attentive marketing emails.
- If someone opts in to Attentive marketing emails, the integration opts them into the Klaviyo email list selected in Attentive.
Opt-ins and opt-outs from Attentive to Klaviyo happen in real time. Opt-ins and opt-outs from Klaviyo to Attentive aren’t real-time, but they do happen at least every eight hours.
Opt-in sync for customers using international email isn’t currently supported.
We’re here to help! Contact our White Glove team (email@example.com) to ask about the Attentive + Klaviyo integration.