With this integration, you can pass email addresses collected through the Attentive sign-up unit to Klaviyo.
Here’s what we cover in this guide:
- What information to collect from Klaviyo
- How to set up the integration in the Attentive platform
- How syncing between Attentive and Klaviyo email lists works
Here’s what we don’t cover in this guide:
- How to set up a Klaviyo account
- How to set up an Attentive account
- How to add your customer segments from Klaviyo to Attentive
Step 1. Collect Klaviyo information
Log in to your Klaviyo account and collect the following information:
- Private API key: Complete the steps to generate a new private API key in Klaviyo.
- List ID: Decide which list in Klaviyo you plan to add contacts to, then find the List ID.
After collecting the relevant Klaviyo information, follow the Attentive setup steps to complete the integration.
Step 2. Set up the integration in Attentive
Now, complete the following procedure to set up the integration in Attentive’s platform:
- Navigate to the integrations setup page and select Klaviyo.
- Enter the following details that you previously collected in the Collect Klaviyo information section:
- API Key: The private API key that you generated in the previous step.
- List ID: The unique ID of your contacts list in Klaviyo.
- Click Set up integration.
Your Klaviyo account is now connected to Attentive.
To use Klaviyo segments in Attentive, view Manage Klaviyo segments for details.
Default custom profile properties
Now, when contacts are added to Klaviyo from Attentive, they include default custom profile properties (as described in the table below). If you enabled the Postback user attributes setting for the integration, the attributes that you are collecting through your onsite sign-up unit are also sent back to your Klaviyo account.
||This property indicates the contact signed up using a coupon.|
||This property indicates the numeric value of the Attentive sign-up source where email/phone is captured.|
||This property indicates the time the contact signed up for SMS (sent in UTC format).|
||This property indicates that the contact signed up for Attentive’s SMS program.|
||This property indicates the time the contact signed up for emails (sent in UTC format).|
||This contains the referring URL where the user consented to marketing services.|
This property indicates a customer provided value (example:
Sync email lists from Klaviyo
Attentive supports the ability to automatically sync opt-ins and opt-outs between your Attentive and Klaviyo email lists.
- If you send email from both Attentive and Klaviyo, we recommend enabling this functionality. Contact your Attentive CSM and Product Specialist to enable it.
- List-specific opt-in syncing from Klaviyo to Attentive is only available to brands who use Attentive in the US and don’t plan to launch Attentive in other countries.
Notes on syncing Attentive and Klaviyo email lists
If syncing is enabled between Attentive and Klaviyo, keep in mind that Attentive and Klaviyo manage email subscription statuses differently:
- In Attentive, subscribers are added to a global email subscription list. They’re either subscribed to all marketing emails or none at all.
- In Klaviyo, subscribers are added to individual lists and to a global email subscription list.
Because Attentive and Klaviyo manage subscriptions differently, the integration handles syncing between the two differently:
- If someone opts out of a Klaviyo email list selected in Attentive, the integration opts them out of Attentive marketing emails.
- If someone opts out of the global Klaviyo email marketing list, the integration opts them out of Attentive marketing emails.
- If someone opts out of Attentive marketing emails, the integration opts them out of all Klaviyo email marketing lists.
- If someone opts in to a Klaviyo email list selected in Attentive, the integration opts them into Attentive marketing emails.
- If someone opts in to Attentive marketing emails, the integration opts them into the Klaviyo email list selected in Attentive.
Opt-ins and opt-outs from Attentive to Klaviyo happen in real time. Opt-ins and opt-outs from Klaviyo to Attentive aren’t real-time, but they do happen at least every eight hours.
Opt-in sync for customers using international email isn’t currently supported.
We’re here to help! Contact our White Glove team (email@example.com) to ask about the Attentive + Klaviyo integration.