When you’re preparing for a peak shopping period, like Black Friday/Cyber Monday, a holiday, or a flash sale, you’ll likely want to swap out your currently running sign-up units for special ones you’ve created for these occasions. Attentive lets you schedule these sign-up units in advance and have them automatically update during these key periods. After that time, you can go back to displaying your original sign-up unit or schedule a new one.
In addition, you have control over which sign-up unit(s) you want to pause during special periods and for how long.
Note: If you don't see the ability to schedule sign-up units, contact White Glove (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Note: You don’t need to manually adjust the status of the sign-up units you’re scheduling. The scheduler tool automatically activates or pauses the sign-up units you indicate in your schedule at the scheduled date/time.
Follow these steps to schedule a sign-up unit:
- Starting on the Sign-up Units tab, click Schedules.
- Click + Create Schedule.
- On the Create Schedule window:
- Enter a name for the schedule.
- Select which sign-up unit(s) you want to activate during the special period.
- (Optional) Select which sign-up unit(s) you want to pause during that period.
- Enter a start date and time.
- (Optional) If you want to revert to your previous sign-up unit at the end of the special period, slide the Stop date toggle on, and enter a stop date and time.
Note: If you want to switch to a new sign-up unit after the special period, leave this turned off.
- (Optional) Select a different offer display screen to activate with this scheduled sign-up unit if you don’t want to use the one currently being displayed.
- Click Create.
The Schedules grid now shows your newly created schedule, including the time period when the schedule will be active, which sign-up unit(s) and associated journeys will be active and paused, and the offer display screen you selected.
The images below show how scheduled sign-up units look in the Sign up method table before and during the schedule period.
Sign-up unit waiting to be activated at the scheduled time
Remember: Don’t activate or deactivate any scheduled sign-up units now. The scheduler tool automatically activates or pauses them at the scheduled start time/date.
Sign-up unit that’s been activated by the schedule