Punchh loyalty texted-a-keyword journeys let you automatically enter subscribers into your loyalty program when they text you the keyword “loyalty.” This journey also creates and adds the Punchh Loyalty Signup attribute to subscriber profiles, which is used in the Punchh Loyalty Signup journey. Once subscribers flow through this journey, they are added to the Punchh Loyalty Signup segment, which you can use in journeys and campaigns in the future.
Notes: This article assumes that you’ve already:
Create a loyalty texted-a-keyword journey
- Go to Journeys and click + Create journey.
- Click Start from scratch.
- Select Texted a keyword, and then click Get started.
- In the Add keywords to respond to panel, enter “LOYALTY”.
- Click Save.
- Click the dot below the Incoming text is step, then click Add custom attribute.
- Configure the Add custom attribute step:
- Choose attribute category: Click + Create new.
- Category: Enter Punchh Loyalty Signup.
Values: Enter True for the first value and delete the other two values by clicking the X next to each.
- Click Create attribute.
- In the Add custom attribute panel, click Choose value and select True, then click Save.
- Click the dot after the Add custom attribute step, then click Send text message.
- Write a message welcoming subscribers to your loyalty program. You can optionally include an offer for a free or discounted reward.
When you’re done, click Save.
- Click the dot after the Send text message step, then click End journey.
- Click Save.
- Click Turn on in the upper-right corner of the screen to enable your journey. When you’re finished, your journey should look like this: