With the Attentive and LoyaltyLion postback integration, you can connect your loyalty and engagement platform to grow your list of SMS subscribers. You can reward your customers with loyalty points when they sign up to receive SMS marketing campaigns. With this integration, you set up the amount of points a user can receive, and then Attentive can pass back the subscriber’s email address, phone number, and the amount of loyalty points to your LoyaltyLion platform.
|Important! If you prefer to send data from your LoyaltyLion account to Attentive, see the LoyaltyLion integration guide.|
Note the following:
- A subscriber’s email address must exist in LoyaltyLion for the data to be sent over from Attentive.
- If a user is already a SMS subscriber but they want to receive the loyalty points, contact our White Glove team (email@example.com). We can make the change in our system so that the subscriber receives those points.
- If you're capturing SMS from a loyalty page that links to an Attentive landing page, ensure that your sign-up unit includes the field to capture email addresses.
Ensure that you meet the following requirements in order to set up this integration:
- An active LoyaltyLion subscription and a live loyalty program to access the Attentive integration
- The ability to reward points for SMS sign-up and use your loyalty data is included in Advanced plans and above.
- Features such as events and triggers are included as standard for Plus Plan merchants. Merchants who are on Advanced plans who would like to use these additional features need to contact LoyaltyLion for a chargeable upgrade, which is billed monthly.
Now, complete the following procedures to set up the integration.
Step 1. Create a custom rule in LoyaltyLion
Set up the number of points a user can receive for signing up to receive SMS marketing campaigns. Make sure to save the Identifier name (attentive_sms), as well as the token and secret for the integration.
Step 2. Get LoyaltyLion Token and Secret
Complete the following steps to locate your token and secret:
- Click the Manage tab and click Settings in the Configuration section on the left-side navigation.
- Locate your Token and Secret at the bottom of the page.
- Copy and save your unique Token and Secret.
After you collect your unique API token, secret, and the name of your custom activity from LoyaltyLion, complete the next procedure.
Step 3. Set up the integration in Attentive
Now, complete the following procedure to set up the integration in Attentive:
- Navigate to the integrations setup page and select LoyaltyLion.
- Note: If the LoyaltyLion tile is not available in the integration setup page, contact our White Glove team (firstname.lastname@example.org) and provide them with the details in the next steps.
- Enter the following details, which you collected in Step 2:
- Loyalty Name (also known as the Identifier in LoyaltyLion)
- Click Set up integration.
Your LoyaltyLion account is now connected to Attentive.
We’re here to help! Contact our White Glove team (email@example.com) to ask about the Attentive + LoyaltyLion integration.